Caladon Raidprogress

GuildOx rankings

- Keep in mind guildox requires a certain amount of people in the guild with the respective kill. Progress shown here might not reflect the actual progress I'll be posting about. -

Sonntag, 22. August 2010

Some evenings are more amusing than others.

“When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.”

I like this quote. Especially because it accurately describes my thoughts about the raid I joined yesterday.

So. I was idling in Dalaran, camping book spawns for my Higher Learning Achievement, when Eleonea, one of our more valuable raid members - an Elemental Shaman - asked me if I could heal for her guild's raid.

I said sure, because I had nothing to do and like to help out people I know.

So I got an invite.

Immediately, the teamspeak information was posted, I joined, went into their channel...

and the first thing I heard was "I am surprised he didn't leave immediately after reading my name" from Maraxos, one of our ex-hunters.

I like joining raids and be the center of conversation without doing anything. It means, I am important. Having a reputation and stuff. I don't care if he's badmouthing me. He's telling people about me. And, up to the current day I always left a positive impression on people who are made aware of my presence in the raid by others.

Thanks a lot.

Oh and Maraxos - you are not the center of the universe. I don't care if you are in the same raid. You are getting as much healing as every other person so we can finish the raid. That's... cooperating. Another concept you obviously do not understand.

Well, what I could tell after the few hours in the raid - he did not change. And I am glad that he chose to leave us. I am glad he made such a dramatic exit which led to the ban from our guild forum. Yes, I am glad he is gone. I admit that :)

Your behavior is absolutely childish. I can't really believe you are nineteen years old. You seem more like eight or ten. What do you get out of muting yourself if anyone says anything against you ONCE, actually hindering the raid's progression? 

It's funny that I - involuntarily - had to hear a discussion from your fellow guild members about your inacceptable behavior. Because I was reminded of the oh so many discussion in Caladon.

Different guild. Same Maraxos.

I don't even want to know why you wanted to show me that launcher of yours soo badly. Do you think I care?

I have news for you. I don't.


There is something similar between the two of us. And one important difference.

We both like to see ourselves as the centerpiece of the raid. The person that is the most important, the one raidmember that decides about rise and fall of the raid.

The difference between us there is - you have to tell everyone about that. You have to let them know that you think that without you, the raid would fail. 

I do not.

I know I am totally capable of doing what I am told to do, I know almost every tidbit of information and tricks there is to know about these bosses and I am not hesitating to share that. But I don't have to ruffle my feathers to oblivion and beyond.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen